A short preface: we’re talking about self-hosted WordPress here, not the kind of WordPress you find already installed on platform like this (WordPress.com, I mean), as they have many limitations if you’re using the free version.
So, let’s say you’ve already installed WordPress (if you don’t know how to do that just read my other blog on how to install WordPress) and you don’t have a clue about the fundamental steps needed to launch your site or blog to make the best of it. Well, you’re in the right place, as in the next posts we’ll describe exacly the steps needed to perfectly setup a WordPress installation. But let’s first make a summary of these important WordPress settings.
Steps for setting up WordPress after installation
- check site/blog title and tagline in the General area inside Settings
- set up your permalinks (again in the General settings) related area
- write some relevant content (a short post is better than nothing, but try to be creative and offer something useful, funny or interesing to your readers) including also a picture
- install and configure an effective WordPress SEO plugin
- install and configure a WordPress backup plugin
- install and configure a WordPress security plugin
Well, these are the vital steps to follow after a WordPress installation, and I just said I’ll describe them in details using an article for each step.